Forgot AOL Password? Here’s How to Recover
If you forgot AOL password, it is a bit annoying. Especially when you need to access your AOL Mail account. Resetting your AOL password is a bit tricky but you need to do it if you forget it.
Lots of people do not store their passwords in the browsers they use and if you are among them, resetting or recovering is the only choice if you forget AOL password.
Reset Your AOL Password For Email
There are three ways in which you can recover your AOL account when you have forgotten the AOL password. To know the ways and recover your AOL password go through the methods below. You can also check our Aol Support Service to know more additional information.
Recover Your AOL Password by a Verification Code
Here are the steps that you have to follow to recover your AOL account by a verification code when you have forgotten your AOL password.
- First, you have to log into the AOL mail page and select ‘Sign in’.
- Select ‘I forgot my password’ then.
- Put your username and select Next.
- Now, type the phone number which is connected to your AOL account.
You will find more options when you are there. You can click on the button that is fitting for you and get instructions to continue.
- Click the Next button.
- Now, AOL verifies that if you are a genuine owner of this account. You will receive a verification message into your SMS inbox.
Select the option “Yes, text me a verification code” to get the verification code on your phone. Instead of that, you can ask for a phone call for the verification code.
- Put the verification code that you have just received on your phone beside the ‘Enter Code’. Select Verify then.
- After that, you have to put a new strong password. Select Save and continue to the account.
Recover Your AOL Password Via Email
To recover your AOL account by resetting your AOL password via email, here are the steps that you have to go through and perform.
- First, you have to select “Try another verification option”
- Then choose “Email a reset link to my recovery email address”
- Hit the Next button then and the AOL system will send an email to the mail ID that you gave as an alternative while creating this AOL mail.
- Open the email that requests you to reset the password.
- You will find a link named Reset Password. Click on it.
- This will take you to a page where you have to put the new password. Click save after that.
Recover Your AOL Password by the Security Questions
You can easily recover your AOL account with the help of this method. You have to answer the security questions involved with your account, which you selected while creating this AOL account. Here are the steps that you have to go through to do so.
- Click on “Answer security question”.
- Put your answers to your security questions.
- Select Next.
- Double-check if you have answered correctly. Then put the new password on that place and finish the process by clicking the Next button.
You should not click on any email that comes with the change password request. These kinds of emails are generally from malicious parties and hackers.
Here are all the methods to recover your AOL account when you have forgotten the password. Hopefully, now you are able to recover your AOL account with the help of these instructions, when you forgot AOL password. Also there are some other Tech support website of us which can provide you more knowledge about this particular problem.
People Frequently Ask
Q. How to change the AOL email password on iPhone?
A. Here are the steps, going through which you will be able to change your AOL mail password on iPhone.
- From the home screen, click on Settings.
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars by scrolling down.
- Choose the account that you wish to update.
- Go to the account settings by selecting the Account.
- Go to the password field and put the new password after removing the old one.
- Finish by tapping Done.
Q. How to change the AOL email password on Android phones?
A. Here are the steps that you have to follow.
- On the browser, try signing in your account.
- Select change the password after going to the email settings.
- Put your current password and then put the new one.
- Select save the password.