How to Fix Gmail Server Error 007: Troubleshooting Guide
Gmail Server Error 007 usually shows when you are trying to send an email from your Gmail account. Mostly appearing in the Chrome browser, this error can freeze your account and you won’t be able to click on or open anything.
Issues in the web server or browser, and virus and malware attacks are the prime reason for this error to occur. When this Gmail server error occurs, you won’t be able to refresh the email page. You can not even send or read any unopened emails.
Whatever be the reason, make sure to resolve the server error 007 from Gmail at the earliest.
Effective Ways to Fix the Gmail Server Error 007
Here we’ve discussed a few simple solutions to fix the Gmail server error 007. Following these instructions properly, you will be able to get rid of this error permanently. You can also contact our other email service provider to know more.
Solution 1: Clear the Cache and Cookies
To fix this error, you need to clear the Cache and Cookies from Google Chrome. If you do not know how to remove the cache and cookies, then go through the steps cited below.
- First, open Chrome and click the three dots towards the upper right corner to head over Google Chrome’s menu.
- Thereafter, go to Settings and click on “Show Advanced Settings”.
- Next, go to the Privacy tab and click on the Content Settings.
- From the cookies section, select the “All cookies and site data”.
- After clicking on Remove All, click on the Done option.
Now, you have removed the cookies and cleared the cache successfully and now you will hopefully find that the error is resolved.
Solution 2: Check for Viruses and Browser Updates
Sometimes viruses can be the prime reason for this server error 007 on Gmail. To get rid of this issue, you need to scan your PC for viruses. To do that, perform a full system scan by using the antivirus that you are running on your system.
Make sure that your browser is up to date. Google Chrome generally updates automatically. Or you can do that manually as well. Whatever it is, you need to keep your browser up-to-date.
Sometimes, you might use some other browser and that might not update automatically. For that, you should check the settings of the browser. From the Settings menu, click on the “Check for updates” option.
Solution 3: Disable the Browser’s Extensions
If you have installed any browser extensions on Chrome, then you might come across the server error 007. One of your installed extensions might cause this error as it can have some update issues.
- Go to the upper right corner of the Chrome window and click on the three-dotted icon.
- After that, head over to “More Tools” to select the “extensions”.
- Now, you need to untick the “Enabled” box on your extensions.
Solution 4: Disable the Gmail Labs Background Send
If the “background send” is enabled on your system, then you might encounter the Server error 007 on Gmail. So, you need to disable this option and to do that, perform the following.
- Initially, log-into your Gmail account.
- From the top right corner of your Gmail page, click on the dented gear (Settings) icon.
- After clicking on “Settings” locate the lab tab.
- Now, search for “Background send” and then make sure to disable it.
Solution 5: Disable Email Signature From Your Antivirus
The antivirus you are using can be the reason behind this error. The antiviruses for which this error shows are mostly McAfee, Avast, and AVG. In order to fix the Gmail Server error 007 disable the email signature from the antivirus that you are using.
If you are an AVG user, then follow the steps that are mentioned below to disable the Email Signature.
- Go to the Settings to click on General.
- After searching for the Email signature, make sure to uncheck the box.
- Finally, click on the Save option.
If you are an Avast user, then go through the steps mentioned below to disable the email signature from your antivirus.
- Navigate to the Settings and click on the General tab.
- Now, the ‘Enable Email Signature’ box needs to be unchecked.
- After that, click on the Save option.
Solution 6: Reboot Your PC and Browser
This solution might sound silly but it is much effective. After closing the browser, shut down your PC. Then restart it and open your browser again. Then, go to your Gmail account and then try to sign-in. You might find that the problem is resolved.
Hopefully, applying these solutions correctly, you will be able to fix Gmail server error without any hassle. If you are facing any kind of difficulties then contact our Gmail Support Team, they will provide the best solutions